8 Easy Guitar Songs for Beginners
If you’ve recently picked up a guitar and are looking for some tunes to get your fingers moving, you’re in the right place. Learning to play the guitar is a thrilling journey, and what better way to get started than with some songs that are both iconic and beginner-friendly?
Let’s dive right into this rocking list!
Your Songs List
1. “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley
Chords: A, D, E
“Three Little Birds” is not just a song, it’s a vibe. Bob Marley’s classic reggae track is not only easy to play but also comes with the positive message of “Don’t worry about a thing, ’cause every little thing is gonna be alright.” You can’t go wrong starting with this jam.
2. “Horse with No Name” by America
Chords: Em, D6add4/F#
With just two chords, this song is perfect for beginners. It’s got a catchy melody and a rhythm that’ll get you familiar with switching between chords.
3. “Wonderwall” by Oasis
Chords: Em7, G, Dsus4, A7sus4
“Wonderwall” is an anthem for ’90s kids. It’s got a few more chords than the first two, but it’s a great way to practice chord transitions. Plus, it’s a crowd-pleaser at parties!
4. “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone (or Michael Bublé)
Chords: Am, Dm, G7, C, F, E7
Jazz up your repertoire with this classic. While Nina Simone’s version is iconic, Michael Bublé’s rendition brought it back into the limelight for a newer generation. Both versions are suitable for beginners.
5. “Love Me Do” by The Beatles
Chords: G, C, D
A list of beginner songs wouldn’t be complete without The Beatles! This tune is not only easy but also introduces you to the world of The Fab Four.
6. “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles
Chords: D, G, A
Another Beatles banger! This song is great for practicing strumming patterns and getting your energy up.
7. “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash
Chords: G, C, D
Dive into the world of country with the legendary Johnny Cash. This song has a catchy rhythm and an iconic sound thanks to the mariachi horns in the original. But, guess what? It sounds awesome on just the guitar too!
8. “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” by Bob Dylan
Chords: G, D, Am7, C
Dylan’s timeless classic is not only deep and meaningful but also easy for beginners to grasp. This song is perfect for singing along or just practicing your chord transitions.
Tips for Rocking These Songs:
- Practice the Chord Transitions: Before diving into playing the full song, get familiar with switching between the chords smoothly.
- Listen to the Originals: Play along with the original tracks. This will help you get a sense of the rhythm and timing.
- Use Online Tutorials: There are countless video tutorials available online. They’ll give you visual guidance and additional tips on playing each song.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: The key to mastering any instrument is consistent practice. So, pick up that guitar daily and strum away!
So, there you have it! A list of easy-peasy songs that’ll get you jamming in no time. Remember, every great guitarist started somewhere. Keep practicing, stay passionate, and before you know it, you’ll be adding more complex songs to your repertoire. Rock on!🎸