10 Best Jackson Guitars
If you’re here, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Jackson Guitars, the kings of metal! Built for speed and loaded with attitude, Jacksons have been the go-to guitars for shred-heads since the 80s. Let’s dive deep into some of their best offerings, shall we?
Best Jackson Guitars
1. Jackson Pro Series Rhoads RRT-3
A Tribute to a Legend
Named after Randy Rhoads, the legendary Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, this V-shaped wonder is as iconic as it gets!
- Tonality: Loaded with Seymour Duncan JB & ’59 pickups, it delivers a balanced sound – punchy lows, crunchy mids, and sparkling highs.
- Neck & Playability: With a compound-radius fingerboard and super-fast neck, your fingers will dance on this bad boy.
- Aesthetic & Finish: It boasts a classic Rhoads V-shape, with a glossy finish and sharkfin inlays to complete the look.
2. Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2
The Solo Masterpiece
For many, the Soloist series defines Jackson. And the SL2, well, it takes it to a whole new level.
- Tonality: Outfitted with Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem pickups, it’s built to handle aggressive playing with ease.
- Neck & Playability: Neck-through-body construction ensures lasting sustain. Paired with its ebony fretboard, you’re in for a smooth ride.
- Aesthetic & Finish: Available in various finishes, the highlight is the quilted maple top, giving it a touch of elegance amid its beastly vibe.
3. Jackson X Series Dinky DK2X
Budget-Friendly, Not Budget Sound
A testament that you don’t need to break the bank for quality. The DK2X is a more affordable model but still packs a punch!
- Tonality: Equipped with Jackson’s high-output humbuckers, it’s got a well-rounded sound profile suitable for various genres.
- Neck & Playability: The maple neck with a satin finish is a joy to play, and the compound-radius fingerboard ensures comfort.
- Aesthetic & Finish: Simple yet stylish, the DK2X is adorned with pearloid sharkfin inlays and available in some killer finishes.
4. Jackson JS32 Rhoads
Randy’s Legacy on a Budget
If the Pro Series Rhoads is a tad out of reach, the JS32 Rhoads offers that iconic V shape at a fraction of the price.
- Tonality: The Jackson high-output humbuckers on this ensure you still get that beefy sound, minus the heavy price tag.
- Neck & Playability: With a graphite-reinforced neck and a compound-radius board, it doesn’t skimp on playability.
- Aesthetic & Finish: Pointy, sharp, and bold – it screams metal and is available in several attention-grabbing finishes.
5. Jackson Pro Series King V KV
All Hail the King!
A favorite among metal guitarists, the King V is as regal as it sounds.
- Tonality: The Seymour Duncan JB/’59 pickup combo delivers a powerful yet clear tonal output, perfect for metal and hard rock.
- Neck & Playability: Its 12″-16″ compound-radius fingerboard is perfect for both rhythm and lead, and the neck-through design guarantees epic sustain.
- Aesthetic & Finish: It’s all about attitude with the King V, and its sharp lines and sharkfin inlays only amplify its majestic stance.
6. Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
Iron Maiden’s Touch
Designed in collaboration with Iron Maiden’s Adrian Smith, this one is for the Maiden fans out there!
- Tonality: A trio of pickups, including two Jackson high-output single-coils and one humbucker, offer versatile tones, from clean to mean.
- Neck & Playability: With a maple neck and compound-radius fingerboard, it’s built for speed, making solos a breeze.
- Aesthetic & Finish: A strat-like body, white pickguard, and Adrian’s signature on the headstock – it’s a nod to classic rock aesthetics with a Jackson twist.
7. Jackson Christian Andreu Signature Rhoads RRXT
Rise for Gojira’s Power!
Christian Andreu of Gojira has his very own Jackson, and it’s every bit as powerful as you’d imagine.
- Tonality: Armed with dual Duncan Designed humbucking pickups, this beast roars with clarity and aggression perfect for heavy riffs.
- Neck & Playability: With a laurel fingerboard and a fast neck, it ensures that nothing will slow down your shredding spree.
- Aesthetic & Finish: The satin black finish combined with a reverse pointed 6-in-line matching headstock and white body binding gives it a sleek and intimidating look.
8. Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK Modern Ash HT6
Modern Twist to the Dinky!
For those who want a modern feel with their Dinky, the DK Modern Ash HT6 is a revelation.
- Tonality: Sporting Fishman Fluence Open Core PRF-CO7 pickups, it delivers a versatile sound palette – from vintage warmth to modern clarity.
- Neck & Playability: Features like a caramelized maple neck and 12″-16″ compound-radius fingerboard make it incredibly player-friendly.
- Aesthetic & Finish: The sandblasted surface on the ash body, juxtaposed with a glossy headstock, makes it a visual stunner.
9. Jackson Pro Series Signature Mick Thomson Soloist SL2
Slipknot’s Sonic Powerhouse
This guitar mirrors the heavy, aggressive style of Slipknot’s Mick Thomson, and it’s not for the faint-hearted!
- Tonality: Outfitted with Mick’s signature Seymour Duncan Blackouts, it’s engineered for sonic destruction.
- Neck & Playability: The Soloist body shape is a shred machine, and the neck-through design ensures lasting sustain and easy access to higher frets.
- Aesthetic & Finish: Its stealthy black finish, complete with Thomson’s “Seven” logo, exudes metal aesthetics.
10. Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL3R
A Rainbow Shredder
This isn’t just about sound; it’s a visual spectacle too!
- Tonality: Loaded with a trio of Seymour Duncan pickups, the tonal versatility of this beauty is simply unmatched.
- Neck & Playability: Sporting a 12″-16″ compound-radius fingerboard, it’s curved for chord comfort and flattened for shredding ease.
- Aesthetic & Finish: What truly sets it apart is the mesmerizing rainbow crackle finish. It’s a surefire attention grabber on stage.
Now, after immersing ourselves in the world of Jackson, it’s clear why they’ve been a staple in the metal genre. Their fusion of aggressive designs, top-notch playability, and powerful tones is simply unparalleled.
Jackson’s range is vast, and their commitment to quality and innovation has made them a favorite among legends and budding guitarists alike. Their offerings span across various price points, ensuring that there’s a Jackson for everyone, whether you’re just starting your rock journey or are already a legend in the making. The road to metal glory is paved with the roaring sounds of Jacksons! Let’s keep shredding and exploring the realms of guitar wizardry. Rock on! 🤘